Writing an Inference Essay: the Basics
When you are making an inference, you come up with an understandable conclusion on a certain topic. To write a good and understandable conclusion, you need to base your writing on the evidence and utilize a particular context. You can do it using background knowledge or observing certain facts. In an inference essay, you need to prove your conclusion with the use of your context. You have to examine this context closely and analyze it.
Making an inference can be a difficult task, because it resembles simple guessing in many ways. To come up with it, you need to find the main idea, discern the author’s purpose, and select proper vocabulary. However, there is an advantage of doing this, as writing an inference essay enhances your understanding and reading skills. Read on to learn our recommendations on the ways to develop an excellent inference essay.
What You Should Do if You Need to Write an Inference Essay
- Select the text on which you will base your essay and review it. Then read it more carefully and analyze it thoroughly. Make sure that you take into account the items that you need to refer to in your essay. After reading the text, develop minimum two different conclusions. Write them down.
- Analyze your conclusions and come up with a list of evidence for each of them. To prove your evidence, use quotes from the text and explain your point of view. Tell why you consider your conclusions to be correct. Remember that your backup and the evidence you are using have to be strong.
- Browse the Internet to see what other authors tell on the topic. Analyze their opinions and compare them with yours. Use them to back up your evidence as well.
- Begin with writing body paragraphs. Give your inferences and provide your strong proofs for them. Write down quotes from the text and cite the authors you have found. Keep in mind that you always need to follow the instructions given by your professor, as with any other essay.
- Afterwards, write an introduction and conclusion. Use the information from your body paragraphs to make them strong and persuade your readers in the correctness of your opinion. Also, explain why you have come up with these inferences.
- Remember that you need to include a reference list into your essay. Mention all the sources you have used or cited in your essay. Follow the format of your essay carefully.
Using our recommendations, the task of writing an inference essay becomes much easier, doesn’t it? Follow them, and you will see it yourself.